You are an eligible applicant for Master’s-level studies if
- you have a nationally recognized first cycle degree – normally a Bachelor’s degree – from an accredited institution of higher education,
- your degree corresponds to at least 180 ECTS (European credits) or to three years of full-time study,
- your degree is in a relevant field for the Master’s degree programme that you’re applying to. Please check the programme page for detailed degree requirements.
If you are graduating after the application deadline, you may apply on the condition that the required application documents are submitted and arrive at the University of Turku by 10 July 2018 at 15:00 (local time in Finland). Check the programme page for details.
You must also prove your English language skills when applying. You can indicate your language skills by taking one of the internationally recognised English language tests listed on this page. When taking the test you must choose University of Turku as a recipient of your results. You must also attach a scanned copy of the test result to your application for verification purposes.
A test is not required if you hold a Bachelor’s degree (or higher) or an equivalent degree in an English-language programme in Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, the United States or in an EU/EEA country. The language of instruction of the degree must be proven with the degree certificate, transcript of records or Diploma Supplement.
In addition individual programmes may accept other proof as well. Information on these other options and specific language requirements is available in the programme’s application requirements.
The University of Turku requires you to submit all application documents in electronic format as attachments to your application. Paper copies are not required during the application period. You are required to submit the following documents:
- The original degree certificate (in the original language) AND an English, Finnish or Swedish translation (or an English-language Diploma Supplement concerning graduates from European universities) of the degree certificate.
- The original transcript of study records (in the original language) AND an English, Finnish or Swedish translation (or an English-language Diploma Supplement concerning graduates from European universities) of the transcript of records.
- Certificate of knowledge of English.
All translations must be made either by an authorized translator or by the degree awarding institution. Each page of an official translation must bear the translator’s stamp and/or signature. Official translations must be exact translations of the original documents. Translations done by the applicant him- or herself are not accepted.